Friday, January 9, 2015

Brisket....with brisket


This was just too easy.

Brisket Howard made his first out-of-wallet appearance last night. He accompanied my wife and I to dinner. I had a ribs and sliced brisket plate. He didn't eat much and neither did I...I have leftovers for today's lunch. It wasn't a bad meal but I've had better.

I think I will toss something into each #walletcard post, just so I don't get tired of Brisket.

This time I present a '61 Fleer of John Olszewski. He came my way as part of a small lot of cards that contained several Colts. I've become a fan of this set through the Colts cards that it contains, they are just super photos, and in the back of my mind is the idea that one day I may attempt it. If I do, Olszewski will come in handy.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! (or should I say medium rare?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you first showed the Brisket card I had a feeling this might be coming down the line, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My football card collection has only rarely gone back as far as the early 1960's, but I freakin' LOVE that card! I didn't follow football until after the NFL instituted their uniform numbering system, plus I've got a soft spot for anyone who's comfortable enough with their bad selves to wear #0 or #00 (with the exception of Brian Wilson, who's a little *too* comfortable with his bad self).

    I guess it's not too surprising that this 1961 Fleer football reminds me of 1963 Fleer baseball.

    ReplyDelete