Sunday, October 5, 2014

O-R-I-O-L-E-S!!!!!!!! Game 3

Let's see if we can continue the Orioles improbable run today in Game Three of whatever they are calling this series against the Tigers.

So far I've posted postcards and 3D cards so I thought I'd crank out scans of a dozen 1975 SSPC Orioles. They were a nice little diversion from Topps cards back in the mid 70s. Joe Shlabotnik has been featuring these for quite some time.

The Orioles here are all hoping that the 2014 version of the club can put the Tigers to bed this afternoon. "Go Birds!!" So say we all, including:

Al Bumbry

 Bobby Grich
 Jim Palmer
 Doug DeCinces
 Elrod Hendricks!!!!
 Paul Blair!!!

Lee May

Don Baylor

Mike Cuellar!!


Ken Singleton
Ross Grimsley and


Tommy Davis!!

By the way, if you are interested, here is some of the background on this interesting set.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! Sadly, the large lot of SSPC I bought had absolutely no Orioles (or Phillies and just one Yankee), so it's cool to see what some of these cards look like, it pains me that I don't have them, and I'm thinking I need to renew my efforts on this set...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, maybe the lot you bought is the one I cherry-picked for these Orioles. If so...sorry about that. ,-)

      Delete