Friday, December 13, 2013

Stupid Is As Stupid Does


I was in Target last night and as always I wandered over to the card aisle. I found something I wasn't familiar with. Topps Strata for 2013. I had no idea what it was all about but the box looked freshly opened, didn't appear to have had one pack touched yet. So I took the plunge, literally. I picked one pack from the top and then dug my grubby fingers down and pulled out a second one from near the middle of the box. I don't know why I do that, but I always do when pulling packs from retail boxes. I'll usually buy packs from two separate boxes if two are open (which at Target is rare). 

I opened them at home and the first card out of the first pack was David Wilson. He was followed by these two guys:

The Chunky Soup guy....


...and the guy who would be another Megatron if Manning didn't have six other legit targets at his disposal.


And then these three:



Well, that's cool, a trio of quarterbacks, two of which I can plug into my "Fantasy football guys I've owned" binder. I have plenty of Flaccos and Cutlers but I like some variety in card styles in my binder pages.

And then it was on to the next pack. Let's see, who's going to be the first card?


Oh oh, a dupe. Just my luck, two packs and I get a dupe. Then came the next two:



For real? Oh, c'mon man! three dupes right off the top. Now I'm pissed annoyed. Well there are three cards left and I know what you're thinking because I was thinking the same thing. No way in hell can it be an exact duplicate pack. 

.
.
.
.
.
..... and it wasn't. 

The next three cards were these:




The bad news is that these guys hold no interest for me. The good news is they were not Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler or RGIII.

I think that the next time I buy a couple of packs out of a retail box I'll just scoop up adjoining pack and hope for the best. Or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry buddy. On a positive note... you definitely beat the odds.

    ReplyDelete