Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yet Another Baseball Legend Passes Away

The great Stan Musial has two cards in the 1959 set. I've posted both previously over there. His regular card which is really pretty sharp and personifies him in my mind:



And the Baseball Thrills card, not my favorite Topps subset ever. But it was nice to track down the original picture.



I've got a couple more of his vintage cards in my Hall of Fame binder but my favorite Musial card is right at hand. Posted previously was the terrific 1958 All Star card. Now that's Stan the Man!!


Musial was the ultimate hero of one of my oldest and dearest friends. How ironic that within 12 hours or so we would both learn of the death of a favorite baseball figure we held dear. Sam, I'm thinking of you tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment