Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Extra Bonus Throw-ins

I always like when someone tosses in a few extra cards to fill up a thick card holder or to simply protect what's being sent. I mean who doesn't like freebies? Usually when it happens a dealer has stuck in a few junk wax Fleer baseball commons or a couple of Pro Set football cards.

But an eBay order came in the other day and the dealer had bundled the couple of '59s I had bought as upgrades with these things. They are Panini Americana cards and they are new to me. The copy-write date on the back is 2012 so they are new. I've never been crazy about these kind of things but they were free so I figured I'd look at them.

First thought is that black and white pictures are kind of blah. and my second thought is gold foil printing is a huge pain to read. But you knew that. I haven't bothered to look for the checklist but maybe I should. There may be some cards of interest to me. LBJ maybe?

Astronaut Walt Cunningham whose own website describes him as
NASA's second civilian astronaut,Fighter pilot, Col. USMCR-Retired physicist, entrepreneur, venture capitalist, author of The All-American Boys, lecturer and host of Lift-off To Logic, a radio talk show.


Katie Huff, a 2004 & 2008 Olympic swimmer. She's from Maryland so that's a plus in my book. 



Zachery Taylor, our 12th President. He died in office in 1850, 16 months after he was inaugurated.


Carli Lloyd who won her second gold medal with the US Soccer team in London this past summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment