Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Post with No Name



Last Friday I was at Minute Maid and saw the Astros break out their 'rainbow' unis from the late 70's/early 80's as part of the 'Throwback Friday' promotion. Maybe time has mellowed me but I didn't hate them as much as I remembered hating them when I saw them regularly back then. 

Outside of not using the white shoes they wore with this get-up, not much changed. The 'Stros got a nice pitching performance and couldn't hit squat. I hope this isn't the look the Astros are going to when they change unis for next year but as an occassional thing it's kind of fun.

Below is Lucas Harrell who pitched Friday night. Above is the singularly intimidating James Rodney Richard on his 1981 Fleer. Read all about one of the most interesting guys to pitch in the club's history on Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment